Service Six is a Northamptonshire based charity committed to changing lives and creating futures for disadvantaged children, young people and their families.
For over 40 years Service Six are proud to have delivered innovative and award-winning services that support some of the most vulnerable people in our local communities.
By providing a wide range of services within Northamptonshire, Milton Keynes, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire, we support children, young people, adults, families who are experiencing disadvantage, social isolation or emotional difficulties. Click here to discover what services we provide in your area.
Our lifechanging work helps people to live healthier, happier and safer lives providing them with the skills and support to ensure that they become more resilient and equipped to meet future challenges life may bring.
Please follow the links below to find out more about the services that we offer and the wide range of innovative and award winning projects delivered by Service Six.
Each year Service Six provides thousands of free to access Therapy and Counselling sessions for children and young people. Our British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited therapy sessions help children and young people who are facing issues such as abuse, neglect, poor parenting and bereavement and are experiencing feelings of low self-esteem, depression, anger, anxiety and sometimes suicidal thoughts.
As well as providing Therapy and Counselling services Service Six also provides vital support through a number of innovative, award-winning and highly successful projects including;
- The Opal Project – helping young people aged 10-18 who self-harming
- The TARGET Project – helping protect young people against the dangers of on-line abuse and grooming
- Support Plus – matching young people, adults and families with Service Six Practitioners who can provide emotional and practical support for those with low level mental health needs
- Youth Starz – providing access to healthy and positive activities, volunteering opportunities and helping young people develop transferable lifeskills
- StreetWise –providing children and young people with positive activities to become involved within their community to help reduce anti-social behaviour and provide them with access to other services and volunteering opportunities
- Sister Sister - provides a safe place for young women aged between 16 – 25 to address and tackle challenges and difficulties they face, while being creative and having fun.
- Youth Social Entrepreneurs - a new volunteer scheme to help raise much needed funds to support the vital work Service Six carries out in the community.
- Happier Families - our Wellingborough Family Support and Wellbeing Drop In Service
- MEWS Drop-ins - Managing Emotions and Wellbeing Service (MEWS) Drop-ins is a weekly drop in service for young people between the ages of 11-18 to help manage emotions and improve wellbeing.
- Happy Heads - supporting Wellingborough children aged 5-11 within their local schools and communities to help build emotional resilience and develop a healthy mind, so they can be happier and healthier children.
- VYBZ Youth Club - a free youth club for children and young people held at the Sassoon Mews Community Centre in Queensway/Wellingborough
- SHAPE - Self-Harm Awareness & Prevention Enterprise in East Northamptonshire.
- Caring Connections - Service Six are working alongside Stand Out Northamptonshire to deliver a brand-new project; Caring Connections! The project will run from November 2020 until the end of March 2021. Service Six will be delivering bespoke support and emotional well-being sessions to Looked After Children and Care Leavers who have been impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic. If you are a looked after child or care leaver in Northamptonshire and your mental health, education or employment has been affected by COVID-19 and you would like support then get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call Tony on 07483140566.
- Youth Court Solutions – engaging with defendants, victims, witnesses, family and friends to provide needs led information, solution focused support and referrals into a wide range of existing community-based charities and projects.