Service Six is a Northamptonshire based charity committed to changing lives and creating futures for disadvantaged children, young people and their families.
For over 40 years Service Six are proud to have delivered innovative and award-winning services that support some of the most vulnerable people in our local communities.
By providing a wide range of services within Northamptonshire, Milton Keynes, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire, we support children, young people, adults, families who are experiencing disadvantage, social isolation or emotional difficulties. Click here to discover what services we provide in your area.
Our lifechanging work helps people to live healthier, happier and safer lives providing them with the skills and support to ensure that they become more resilient and equipped to meet future challenges life may bring.
Please follow the links below to find out more about the services that we offer and the wide range of innovative and award winning projects delivered by Service Six.
Each year Service Six provides thousands of free to access Therapy and Counselling sessions for children and young people. Our British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited therapy sessions help children and young people who are facing issues such as abuse, neglect, poor parenting and bereavement and are experiencing feelings of low self-esteem, depression, anger, anxiety and sometimes suicidal thoughts.
As well as providing Therapy and Counselling services Service Six also provides vital support through a number of innovative, award-winning and highly successful projects including;
- The Opal Project – helping young people aged 10-18 who self-harming
- Spectrum - Our new Spectrum Youth Club launched on the 1st July 2021 at Chapter House in Coffee Hall Milton Keynes and will run every Thursday 4pm-5pm. The Youth Club is for young people aged 11 to 18 who have Special Educational Needs. Booking is essential to allow us to comply with covid-19 restrictions and best practice. To book a place please contact Katie by calling 07850 916600 or e-mailing her at email@example.com
- Chapter Kidz - Our popular Face to Face Kids Club has returned to Chapter House in Coffee Hall, Milton Keynes. Chapter Kidz is for children aged 5 to 10 years old and is held every Wednesday between 4pm and 5pm. Booking is essential to allow us to comply with covid-19 restrictions and best practice. To book a place please contact Katie by calling 07850 916600 or e-mailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LGBTQ+ Youth Group "Out There" - We are super excited to have launched our new LGBTQ+ Youth Group ‘Out There’. Meetings will take place in Wellingborough but are open to all young people up to 18 years old from across the county who identify as LGBTQ+. This project has been made possible thanks to our partnership working with the REACH Collaboration, expanding the existing LGBTQ+ provision in Northampton and Kettering and has also been supported thanks to a £1,000 donation from the David Laing Foundation to help support staffing resources for this group. Come along and join us in a safe, friendly and confidential space were you can be yourself, explore your identity and connect with like-minded people. For more information about location and time, or to find out how you could get involved, please contact email@example.com (mobile 07483 140566) or firstname.lastname@example.org (mobile 07813 366222).
- Kids on the Mews & Youth on the Mews – two new groups where young people can come to enjoy a wide range of fun activities while getting support in areas such as emotional wellbeing and exam pressure.
- The TARGET Project – helping protect young people against the dangers of on-line abuse and grooming
- Support Plus – matching young people, adults and families with Service Six Practitioners who can provide emotional and practical support for those with low level mental health needs
- Youth Starz – providing access to healthy and positive activities, volunteering opportunities and helping young people develop transferable lifeskills
- StreetWise –providing children and young people with positive activities to become involved within their community to help reduce anti-social behaviour and provide them with access to other services and volunteering opportunities
- Youth Social Entrepreneurs - a new volunteer scheme to help raise much needed funds to support the vital work Service Six carries out in the community.
- Happier Families - our Wellingborough Family Support and Wellbeing Drop In Service
- Happy Heads - supporting Northamptonshire Primary-school aged children within their local schools and communities to help build emotional resilience and develop a healthy mind, so they can be happier and healthier children.
- SHAPE - Self-Harm Awareness & Prevention Enterprise in East Northamptonshire and Daventry.
- Caring Connections - Service Six are working alongside Stand Out Northamptonshire to deliver a brand-new project; Caring Connections! We are delighted to announce that this project will now run until the end of February 2022. Service Six will be delivering bespoke support and emotional well-being sessions to Looked After Children and Care Leavers who have been impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic. If you are a looked after child or care leaver in Northamptonshire and your mental health, education or employment has been affected by COVID-19 and you would like support then get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call Tony on 07483140566.
- Youth Court Solutions – engaging with defendants, victims, witnesses, family and friends to provide needs led information, solution focused support and referrals into a wide range of existing community-based charities and projects.
- Espresso Yourself - Wellbeing Drop-in for Young people aged 11 to 18 years.
- StreetWise Raunds - reaching out to and engaging with hard to reach children and young people on our streets